We have closed the chapter on 2019, and blank pages await. I love this time of year. It’s a time for reflection and a time to set new goals for ourselves. Setting these goals is always the easy part. It’s follow-through that is challenging for most. Studies find 40% will make a new year’s resolution (I don’t think I’m surprised it’s only 40%), but only 10% will keep them. Let’s not fall into the 10% statistic. We can do this! :)
1. Wear SPF EVERY, SINGLE, DAY! For some reason, SPF seems to be a hassle for some. I promise, taking a handful of minutes to apply SPF will pay off in the end. We are all aware of the dangers of the sun, the most serious of which is skin cancer. Sun exposure also happens to be one of the leading causes of aging, causing premature wrinkles, dark spots, and more. Resolve to apply an SPF daily to your face and commonly exposed body parts, such as your neck, chest, and hands.
2. Get your 8 hours. As a business owner, wife, cat mom, and friend, I know exactly how difficult it can be to get 8 hours of sleep. Your skin does a majority of its healing while you sleep, so fewer hours means less time for recovery. Lack of sleep is also a major culprit of stress, which is a detriment to optimal health (both physically and mentally).
3. Cleanse your skin AM & PM. And whatever you do, make a PM cleanse a priority! Do not go to bed without washing off the makeup, pollution, and grime from the day! Cleansing is an essential step that must not be missed. Cleansing provides a clean slate so your products can be properly absorbed into the skin.
4. Ditch the magnifying mirror!!! This mirror is pure evil! This mirror allows you to see yourself in a way no one else see's you! And it also is a catalyst for self extractions! And self extractions lead to scarring & more breakouts! So. Walk that mirror to the driveway, put it under your rear tire, and back it up! :)
5. Practice self love. This is an incredibly important resolution that I can’t stress enough. Be kind to yourself and embrace your beauty, both inside and out. Take time for yourself. Spend time appreciating and loving yourself. Focus on being the best version of yourself that you can possibly be. YOU are worth it!
6. Smile more. Smiling is proven to to be healthy for you! Yes, healthy! And let’s not forget how contagious a smile can be! :) Read more below about the benefits of smiling! :)
7. Drink more water! Staying hydrated is important for both your skin and your overall health.Of course, this goes hand-in-hand with a well-balanced diet in lean, adequate protein, and healthy fats.
8. Put your phone away more! Spend more time in the moment and not on your smart phone. Keep your phone in a separate room during dinner, bed time, etc. In fact, next time you’re at dinner with friends, the first one to look at their phone pays the bill!
9. Be positive. Focus more on what is good than bad. When you choose to focus on the positive, you will start to notice more and more good in your life, which is wonderful!
10. Simplify your skin care routine with Dermaviduals ;) Recognizing that your skin is different from everybody else’s, we can blend your products from scratch! So rather than taking a ‘one size fits all’ approach, we can get super specific with what your skin needs in that moment.